Pall ForteBio Octet K2 System
- Biolayer Interferometry (BLI) is a label-free technology for measuring biomolecular interactions.
- It is an optical analytical technique that analyses the interference pattern of white light reflected from two surfaces: a layer of immobilized protein on the biosensor tip, and an internal reference layer. Any change in the number of molecules bound to the biosensor tip causes a shift in the interference pattern that can be measured in real-time.
- The Octet K2 system monitors binding events in real time to calculate on rates (ka), off rates (kd), and dissociation constants (KD).
- The system's two channels can be used to measure samples independently or in tandem, pairing the sample read with a dedicated reference.
- A wide selection of biosensors is available for binding a wide range of molecules or for derivatisation to create custom biosensors. Please refer to http://www.fortebio.com/biosensor-types.html for more details.
- Powerful acquisition & data analysis software.
- Samples are loaded in standard black microplates enabling multiple samples to be run in an assay.
Tel. 021 406-6469
Department of Integrative Biomedical Sciences
IDM-UCT Medical School
Wernher&Beit North, N3.05
Click the Week or Agenda tab in the calendar for a more detailed view.