Isothermal Titration Calorimeter
- Isothermal Titration Calorimetry (ITC) is a powerful analytical tool which measures the binding affinity and thermodynamics between any two biomolecules.
- ITC directly measures the heat released or absorbed during molecular binding.
- Measurement of this heat enables direct accurate determination of these thermodynamic parameters in a single experiment: binding affinity (KD), stoichiometry (n), enthalpy (ΔH) and entropy (ΔS)
- Wide range of applications including characterization of molecular interactions with small molecules, proteins, antibodies, nucleic acids, lipids, metal ions, etc., as well as enzyme kinetics & inhibitor studies.
- Small volumes: 200 μl of sample per experiment.
- The ITC200 is operated by skilled personnel only. Analysis can be done by the user.
- Visit the Microcal website for more information about ITC.
Tel. 021 406-6469
Department of Integrative Biomedical Sciences
IDM-UCT Medical School
Wernher&Beit North, N3.05
Click the Week or Agenda tab in the calendar for a more detailed view.